This is what I ended up with. Most everything else there was wheat, corn, nameless protein or nameless by-product based and I don't get that junk for my dogs. There were a few brands (some grain free) I've noticed but never really looked at there but they were far more expensive than these. At $6.99 per 6 ounce bag they are $1 more expensive than the Mini and Jerky Naturals I normally get.
Ingredients: Salmon Meal, Smoked Salmon, Salmon Protein Hydrolysate, Salmon Oil, Porcine Gelatin, Alfalfa, Kelp, Mixed Tocopherols, Rosemary Extracts
The ingredients are simple. Almost completely salmon with a few other things. Nothing instantly stuck out to me as something to avoid so I went ahead and grabbed them.
Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein (min) 53%
Crude Fat (min) 12%
Crude Fiber (max) 3%
Moisture (max) 7%
Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min) 3%
Conker wasn't instantly interested in them when I offered one to him. Probably because I had to go hunt him down and he never gets treats when I have to do that so he was probably weirded out by me. Anyways, he took his time crunching up the first one and dropped several pieces but licked them up soon after. He ate the second one with more gusto but still wasn't as thrilled with these as he is with the Zuke's treats.
When offered three treats at the same time, part of a Lamb Jerky Natural, a Grizzly Nutreat and half of a Mini Bake, Conker went for them in that order. So he still prefers the Lamb over anything else. I will have to try pitting other lamb flavored treats against each other and see which one he chooses.
All in all these treats are pretty good. They are made with good ingredients, don't have common reactive ingredients (for Shibas), are healthy for your dog and smell obnoxious so even picky eaters might enjoy them.
No comments:
Post a Comment