Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A long post about a pool day

Today the youngest siblings and a friend went swimming.  I took some pictures of them jumping in while Conker ran around the pool barking in an obnoxious high-pitched sound very similar to the uncanny scream his breed is capable of producing.
After a short while I got him to come over to me and sit in the shade for a few seconds so he could cool off.  It got to around 85 degrees today.  Nothing compared to yesterday's delightful 92 (seriously, it was awesome) but enough that Conker got hot rather quickly while he ran around barking at everybody.

Conker didn't like being restrained in the shade but it was for his own good.  It was either that or he would join the three monsters in the pool.  He didn't like that option so he stuck by me when I told him to.
(If you enlarge the picture and look just below my thumb joint you can see a scar I got from welding)

Conker decided just standing around getting scratched wasn't good enough so he began to play hand-wrestling.  A game where he tries to bite my hand and I try to hold his mouth shut.
(In this shot you can see my obnoxiously long thumbnail)

Around this time I noticed that Lindsey's friend didn't know how to jump off the diving board very well so I got up there and showed her.

Stand at the end, bend your knees and...

 Get the top of your head cut off by the photographer. 

Sorry, no shots of me jumping into the pool wearing sunglasses, a hat and SWAT boots.  I had work to do, and those boots take two days to dry.  (I know that from previous pool-jumpings while wearing them)  I'll see if I can get any next time I decide to not wear my boots for two days.

Fun fact!  I wear this "style" of clothing all the time.  I'm always seen with a hat, shades, guy clothes and boots or flip flops if I'm going barefoot.  (Flip flops are for inside buildings and the dog-park)

Conker decided chilling with me was boring so he ran into the bushes and began to dig a hole.

I don't know about your Shiba or other dog, but when Conker digs he gets super excited about it and gets this insane look on his face (that is extremely hard to take a picture of) and will digdigdig frantically then run around like a madman then digdigdig some more and so on.  It's really funny to watch.

Conker did get to have some actual fun while people were in the pool. The girlies were screwing around and trying to throw each other, Teddy and Conker were having a tug-of-war game over a kickboard.

Unfortunately Teddy was unable to pull Conker into the pool.

When I was growing up we were part of a pool club called the RONS Club.  Not "Ron" as in a dude's name, Retired Officers of the Naval Services RONS. It was founded by a bunch of retired Navy officers and that's where we spent out summers. Sometimes it would get to be about 120 out when we'd walk, barefoot, to the RONS and swim.  Then we moved to Peoria and built a hugass pool that is about four times the size of our current one.
While it all looked like fun, I'm generally glad I didn't join them.
Or they all might have tried to ride me instead of Lindsey.


Today Conker got: Pork meat with part of a turkey back and the usuals.

1 comment:

  1. I love the digging and tugging pictures so cute!

    Saya loves to dig too. She got so dirty from digging while we were at the camp site.

    She licked her dirty nose and got dirt in her mouth. lol

    ReplyDelete