Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I stabbed my toe with a pitch fork

Don't do that, it really hurts.  But that's not what I'm going to talk about.


I'm going to talk about photography!
My little point-and-shoot camera is still driving me insane.  So far I haven't been able to find any film that's not Fujifilm and I DO NOT like that brand.  Call me biased, but my brand of choice isn't even one you can buy in a store that's not a specialty camera store.  Since I can't afford that film and my town lacks any sort of professional camera store anyways, I'm on the hunt for a roll of Kodiak 400 but... yeah.  Small towns and defunct technology sucks.

I took all these pictures I thought were gonna be great since the preview on the point-and-shoot's screen looked good but once they got on the computer they all sucked.
Shiblur attacks the soccer blur! But the grass looks good, like it always does in action shots.



The lighting for this one was PERFECT, and that doesn't happen often for me.  Did it come out good?  No, it makes Midnight look purple, the grass behind her is all washed out and the details of her fur are a mix of too clear and not clear enough.






This was another potential that could have turned out amazing.  But the auto lighting settings screwed it up bad.  I could have selected a certain setting in manual mode but if I do that it messes with the shutter speed and that's something I can't control... So the sky is way too washed out, Midnight's fur is way too dark but the grass looks fine. Go figure.




Okay, I'll admit, this one is kinda cool despite being out of focus and totally blurred.  But the lighting wasn't bad and the anti-shake setting was on.  That auto focus though... always messes up and does stuff wrong.  It's hard to tell but it focused on the ground in this picture, not Conker even though he's right in the middle of the whole thing.



I took a whole string of photos of Conker lying in the grass here, and this is one of the better ones.  Again the auto focus and lighting things attacked and made my good pictures bad.  Most people would say this is a good shot, but if you click and look at it bigger you'll see that Conker's head is out of focus.  What is in focus?  the grass BEHIND Conker.  Yes, behind.  Not in front, behind. 
(Off topic but OMG Conker your ears are totally huge)



It even has problems focusing on stuff right in front of it with the macro setting on. 

Sorry for the rant, but I'm a semi-perfectionist and photography is one of the few fields where I am a COMPLETE perfectionist.  I was insanely obsessed with detail in my photography class, so much so that I was scaring other students and my instructor told me to tone it down a bit.  This little digital camera is going to kill me if I don't find some film soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment