Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sasha's progress

Conker got: Pork meat with piece of turkey back, chicken wingtip, heart and liver, beef kidney.

It was sooo good.


Sasha has been making some slow progress.  She weighed 70 pounds when I got here in February, but I didn't put her on any serious diet regime until they were switched to Taste of the Wild some weeks back.  Sasha now weighs 65 pounds, so she's lost 5.  She needs to loose at least another 10 for me to be happy, preferably 15, but I'll take what I can get right now.

I try to take Sasha on a walk at least every other day.  Today she got to go to the dog park (Juneau didn't come) and with the exception of a couple small growls and rushes, she did very well with the other dogs.  She only got riled up when Conker was being chased by a superfast red merle Border Collie.  

Sasha is beginning to get a bit of a waistline.  It's not much, but at least you can see it now.  Hopefully she'll continue to be good with other dogs at the dog park so I can bring her along more often.  That will help her loose weight more quickly since she would be going on more and longer walks.  Plus she can run around and go swim in the creek before we go in and after exiting the park.

3 comments:

  1. sasha is very pretty. border collie mix?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Border Collie/Labrador retriever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conker's got such a happy meatface. Meeeeeatface...

    ReplyDelete