I've recently found out that Conker goes nuts for peanut butter and even more nuts for peanut butter and sardines. Sounds delish, doesn't it?
This is a tutorial/recipe on how to make a Peanut Butter and Sardine Kong filling.
Items needed:
Kong
Small mixing dish
Butter knife
Peanut butter
Can of sardines (in water, no salt)
Open the sardines and take out roughly half a sardine. Put the sardine into the small mixing dish. You can put the rest in a bag and freeze for later, feed to your dog or cat or eat them yourself.
Open your peanut butter and get about a whole sardine's worth for roughly 1 part sardine, 2 parts peanut butter. You can mess with the ratio to your dog's taste.
Put the peanut butter in the bowl with the sardine.
Use the knife and mix the peanut butter and sardine together. It will look something like this:
Yum. Now stuff it into your Kong and freeze for a couple hours if you want it to last longer than five seconds.
Give the PB and S filled Kong to your dog after adequate freezing or straight up.
Listen to the obnoxious licking sound as your dog enjoys his or her new snack.
This recipe will fill a small (I believe) Kong, so adjust for larger ones if that's what you've got.
i've done mashed sardines, i've done peanut butter but never combined.
ReplyDeletethanks for the idea!
I can see how a dog would find that appealing. For me, that combination is mental yuckers, though...
ReplyDeletePlease don't tell me you sampled any of that.
Haha! No, I didn't sample it. I don't like sardines or peanut butter. Mom tried to get me to eat it for $5 though.
ReplyDelete