A fifteen pound bag of kibble is heavier than I initially thought. That or I'm still horribly out of shape. It wasn't hard, just awkward since the kibble moves around in the bag. Conker kept looking back at me, probably wondering when the kibble was gonna fall and land on him.
When we got home I gave Conker a quick slicker brushing to get some loose fur off then looked at him as he lay on my bed. I've slowly been noticing something but now it's really apparent.
Where did that gray ring of fur around Conker's neck come from?
When Conker was a little pupish he has a somewhat darker ring of gray fur around his neck. Wherever this gray undercoat was, black and black-tipped guard-hairs grew in. When he blew his puppy coat it vanished beneath a thick carpet of white. Now that the undercoat has lessened quite a bit, the darker ring is now very noticeable. There are several other spots like this on Conker and I will try to get some photos of them next time I brush him (tomorrow).Today Conker got:
Pork! With part of a chicken back and heart, beef liver and kidney, a piece of lamb and some crumbled sardine mush.
No comments:
Post a Comment