Shibas Shed, it's a part of life. Today on the Nihon Ken forum someone askeds to see pictures of a Shikoku shedding but I figured a Shiba was close enough. So I got out the bag of Conker's fur that I've been hoarding for some ungodly reason, spread it out on the bed and took a couple photos.
Shiba, fur and Furminator knock-off. The fur is kinda wadded up so if it were "fresh" it would cover more than half of my bed.
The small pile at the very bottom of this shot is freshly brushed fur. See how it's looser than the other stuff? And that was only from a small portion of Conker's neck.
The fur was about three inches deep on the bed, so there is a lot more than appears in the other pictures.
And today was somewhat exciting (frightening) for Conker. While I didn't get any pictures of it, today was his first official swimming lesson! He was NOT happy do be in the pool however, but I'm going to keep taking him in and letting him swim around until every time he heads to the stairs instead of the side. He can't get out of the pool if he tries from the side, so I take him in about halfway then let him go and walk backwards ahead of him towards the stairs so he knows to go that way.
And thankfully since he's lost almost all of his winter fluff, he dries off really quickly.
Today Conker got: Pork meat, turkey back piece and gizzard, beef kidney, chicken liver and heart.
You've been hoarding Conker hair for the sake of this ungodly photo. Yikes.
ReplyDeleteOr are you sending it in to make shiba wool?
I have no idea why I'm hoarding it... Possibly just for photos sake. But I was thinking of possibly making something out of it, so maybe some Shiba wool might come out of it XD
ReplyDelete