Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Boring lasts forever

There is NOTIHNG FUN to do around here.  I now remember why I didn't like Grant's Pass when I was here last year.  Very boring, less to do than Vancouver Washington.


We found another snake yesterday.  That makes three snakes in the backyard and one elsewhere.  All have been Northwest Garters, harmless little dudes that look pretty neat.
I knew a snake was near when I looked over at Conker and saw him doing this.

Hunting Shiba is hunting.

Like all the times before I have gotten the snake before the Shiba hunter has.  And every time he thinks I'm going to give it to him.  These little snakes have only been about a foot to a foot and a half long and aren't very fast.  I don't know why Conker hasn't gotten any of them first, but the general rule is if I get it before he does it goes free.  If he happens to catch one, I'm gonna let him kill it since I wouldn't want to take it away only to see it's got bite wounds and would suffer if I let it go.

Conker was determined to find a snake even though I took it and released it on the other side of the bottom chain-link fence.  He found an old wood thing and dug out a hole in it and found some holes that he dug out even more.  But no snake appeared.
And today I spotted him sitting near the ivy where the snakes usually are.  He would get up and sniff through the bushes a bit then return to the concrete by the pool and wait.  I guess he wants to get the fourth backyard snake before I do.


And...
Finding Nemo sheets!
Conker got beef meat and kidney, chicken leg, heart, gizzard and liver.  And he again demonstrated today why I want to get a meat grinder.  Conker decided to crunch up the bone in the chicken leg but not to chew the meat apart and attempted to swallow the whole thing mostly-whole.  I said no to that and pulled it out of his throat so he could at least chew it in half first instead of gag on it.
For a while I'd forgotten why I wanted a meat grinder then today I was reminded of the very reason.  Because my dog is a dumbass.

No comments:

Post a Comment