So yesterday I decided to give that Limpy Creek trail another try since last time I went I didn't have any fun at all due to the poison oak infestation on my legs.
So I get my day-hike gear and Conker into the Jeep and head out. The drive takes a lot longer than I thought and I missed the turn but we finally got there. Only to find there was no parking.
I wouldn't have been as miffed about the parking thing if it were other people who were hiking the trail but no, it wasn't that at all. Some fatass rednecks had parked their giant-ass RV there which took up at least four spots, then an additional four with their two fucking huge and completely illogical trucks. And the only other place to park was also taken up by their buddy's gangsterd out suburban.
Normally I would have waited around to see if anyone was going to come and leave, if the spots were all taken by normal cars, but this time I just turned around (and almost hit one of their trucks) and left. I was so fricking mad that I'd just wasted an hour and more than two gallons of gas on nothing. There was nowhere else to park at all, not even on the road since it was one lane and barely wide enough for my little Jeep.
Okay so why so angry about this? You aren't allowed to camp there. PEROID. There are several signs that state no overnight camping allowed, and those assholes were obviously there to stay for a while since they had a ton of shit lying around the parking lot (also taking up parking space) and were downing six packs like it was going out of style.
I've decided that I'm not going to go back to that stupid Limpy creek place for at least two more weeks. I'm not up for another disappointment and waste of time and gas like this when I could be doing something better.
No comments:
Post a Comment