I have been wanting to try out some tripe for a short while. But I haven't been able to find any except for some made by Solid Gold at Petco. I figured I was most likely only going to be buying it once so I went ahead and purchased a $2.99 can there.
Edit: I have found this for $1.69 at the Grange and $1.99 at Rays.
The label is kinda cheesy looking but hey, it's dog food.
Ingredients: Green Beef Tripe, Beef Broth, Potatoes, Potassium Chloride, Dicalcium Phosphate, Garlic, Choline Chloride, dl-methionine, A-Tocopherol, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Calcium Panthothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Niacin, Vitamin D Supplement, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Selenomethionine, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate
Guaranteed Analysis
Protein, Min 10%
Fat, Min 2.5%
Fiber, Max 1.5%
Moisture, Max 82%
485 kcal / 13.2 oz can
Okay, so it's not what I really wanted. Since it's a complete food I guess they needed to add a bunch of crap instead of just the tripe and one or two other things. But again it's the only tripe that I've been able to find here so far. Anywho, broth and potatoes are up high on the list so there really isn't too much real stuff in there.
When opened it looks and smells like... a can of dog food. I was immensely disappointed when I saw this. I was expecting it to look something like the tripe on this site. I was also thrown off by the chunks of potato that were scattered in the gross after I dumped it into Juneau's bowl.
It looked a bit greener after I added some kibble and Doggie Mush to the bowl and gave it a good stir. Conker did not get any of this, just Juneau and Sasha. They both thought it was great though, but I won't be buying it again unless I can find it for $1.
I am still on the lookout for the brand Tripett. It's supposedly able to be found at the MPM down the street from my house, the Grange and another feedstore I have yet to visit but every time I go into the stores they don't have it. I think tomorrow, if I don't buy something else before then, I'm going to hit up as many of the other pet shops around here that I haven't gone to yet. Most of them are grooming shops, that's why I haven't visited them.
In other news...
I haven't walked any of the dogs for at least 5 days. No actual walks. Just visits to the petstores for Conker. And it's beginning to show with him. He is immensely whiny, wants to play all the time and has insane bouts of running around like mad. The reason for this? I've apparently got poison oak oil (not related to the first time I "met" it) behind my knees and down from my butt all the way to my knee on the back of my right leg. It's insanely painful to walk with that so the poor dogs have been suffering because of my stupid dilemma. I have no honest idea how the hell that crap got there. The first time I got into poison oak it didn't even touch those areas. I'm really confused.
Solid Gold has never been much into packaging.
ReplyDeleteBut if it works, it works!
Sorry about the poison oak. =(