Back when I lived in Missouri I bought these for Conker. They are made by a company called Cardinal Pet, or something like that. You can see the page for these treats here. I don't know anything else about the company so I don't have much of an opinion on it.
Ingredients: salmon, sweet potatoes, cod, cane sugar, glycerin, salt, potassium sorbate, mixed tocopherols (vitamin e).
Simple, not too many, good ingredients for the most part. Cane sugar isn't really needed but other than that, I can't find much wrong here.
Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein...10% (min)
Crude Fat......3.0% (min)
Crude Fiber....1.0% (max)
Moisture......16.0% (max)
Omega 3*......0.15% (min)
Omega 6*......0.40% (min)
Pretty typical of this sort of treat.
The salmon variety sure smell strong when first opened. The smell gets on everything too, so if you stash treats in your pocket like me you might want to put these in a small bag first. They are able to be cut into smaller pieces, about 6 or so for training and smaller dogs. They do get mushy when warm and stick to stuff so again put them in a bag if you stick them in your pocket. They will dry out if they are left out though, so if you let them dry for a bit they won't stick anymore.
Conker really liked these. These are what taught him how to wait and sit. My biggest issue with these treats are that they are made in China. Yes, I'm one of those people who tries to avoid stuff from China BUT they have limited, good ingredients and were loved by every dog I gave one to.
thanks for the review! i usually pass these off since they are more expensive than similar treats, but I think we'll try them if they smell that bad. I need something to entice our foster on walks.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMy puppies love these treats and they wait patiently for them. As soon as I grab the bag, they sit right in front of me. Too cute. Price is not bad at Petsmart either.
ReplyDelete