Here we have the Mean Greenz, the veggie variety of Zuke's Superfood Biscuits line. Normally these go for something like $8.29 per 14 ounce box so don't take my good price as the norm.
Ingredients: Organic Ground Oats, Organic Ground Barley, Spinach, Green Beans, Potatoes, Oat Fiber, Organic Blackstrap Molasses, Oil Blend (sunflower, olive and canola), Broccoli, Peas, Cabbage, Kelp, Asparagus, Kale, Natural Vegetable Flavors, Chlorophyll.
There isn't anything wrong with these really. They do contain grains so you grain-free people should steer clear of these. Some say molasses shouldn't be used but in treats I think it's fine. Other than that the ingredients are good.
Guaranteed Analysis:
| Protein | not less than 10% |
| Fat | not less than 11% |
| Fiber | not more than 10% |
| Moisture | not more than 10% |
| Calories | Approximately 9 per piece |
The thing I dislike most about these treats is the lack of resealable closure thing. When opened you have to cut or tear the bag. I remedy this by tying them shut with a rubber band so the treats don't go everywhere if one of my dogs knocks them off the shelf. I also stick a variety of treats in a tupperware for easy assess.
As far as taste goes, Conker prefers the Very Berryz and over these. I guess that's because he's not too fond of veggies and there are no fruit or meat sources in these treats. But if you'd like to give your dog a healthy veggie treat then these will work fine. Plus they are organic if you're into that.
Like all baked Zuke's treats these can be busted in half for smaller dogs or training. I normally break them in half, use one piece and stick the other into my pocket. When not broken they hold up well and don't make a lot of crumbs in my pocket. When broken they produce a few but the pocket stays relatively clean. These treats are good for walking or hiking since they hold together and don't crumble easily.
No comments:
Post a Comment