The Jerky Naturals come in three flavors. Lamb, Beef and Salmon. The flavor I use most commonly is the lamb. Conker goes nuts for them and if you've never seen a Shiba drool then you haven't found the right treats.
The ingredients are the same for each flavor except for the first slot being used by whatever flavor that particular treat is.
Ingredients: Lamb, Ground Rice, Ground Oats, Malted Barley, Gelatin, Maple Syrup, Vegetable Glycerin, Fresh Apples, Fresh Carrots, Canola Oil, Ground Flax Seed, Fresh Blueberries, Lecithin, Salt, Phosphoric Acid (a natural acidifier), Sorbic Acid (a preservative).
| Guaranteed Analysis – Lamb | |
|---|---|
| Protein | not less than 10% |
| Fat | not less than 8% |
| Fiber | not more than 3% |
| Moisture | not more than 30% |
| Calories | Approximately 22 per piece |
Since Conker hasn't shown any reactions to these they are deemed safe for mildly reactive Shibas and dogs. They do contain some grains but they are much higher quality than some treats and are wheat, corn and soy free.
The treats are soft and roughly 1 inch square that is easily broken and molded into smaller pieces. I use one treat each day I train Conker since I can cut it into several pieces, sometimes as many as 25. Each bag has about 30 or so treats in it so if you only use one a day or one every few days they should last a while. I have found them for as low as $4.99 a bag and Zuke's has a coupon on their website that they will send to you for $1 off. For this type of treat they have a good price.
Overall these are very good treats. They aren't messy like most dry treats and are easily carried around.
Thanks for the review! I bought Lamb ones this afternoon to try when walking Kiba :)
ReplyDeleteI hope they'll work for him! Conker just loves these things.
ReplyDelete