Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Hydro Bowl

I was given a Hydro Bowl for Christmas last year.  I've used it quite a bit since then and find it to be a good thing to have when out and about with a dog.

It can hold up to 5 cups of water so it can be used with large dogs.  It folds up when not in use and is easy to carry around.  Since I wear cargo shorts often I can put it in a pocket if I don't have a pack with me.  It will also easily fit into any standard pocket on men's shorts and pants.
The bowl closes with a snap that can he hooked around a strap but I don't do this since I tend to rub against things and I don't want it to open and drop off my pack.  But the snap on mine is pretty strong so I don't think that would happen with normal use.

The bowl is made of thick plastic so you don't need to worry about it springing a leak if you set it on the ground.  It does tend to not want to stay open but since it's soft it can be molded in place.  The more water in it the better it stays up.
It dries quickly after the water is used or dumped out so you won't get water all over everything in your pack when you put it away.

So far mine has held up to being used like a fetch toy, a game of tug, being put into and taken out of a pack or pocket countless times and has yet to show any signs of wear.  It seems to be built pretty well for what it is and can be used for food as well as water.

No comments:

Post a Comment