Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Kibble Topper #2

Ran out of Doggie Mush yesterday so I figured I'd make some more today.  I didn't make nearly as much as last time, I want to keep the recipes small until I find something that really sticks.  I left out the beef, liver and heart his time since I didn't have any that wasn't frozen solid.  Instead I added some tuna.

Today's much consisted of:

1 1/2 cup oats (uncooked, about 3 cups cooked)
2 eggs
1 can of tuna
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp molasses

The honey and molasses were in there for me at first since I was going to eat the oats but when I remembered I was out of dog mush I decdicated it to them.  Honey and molasses, in small amounts, is perfectly fine to give to your dogs.

This is what the result looked like.

Cook the oats in a bit more water than normal (if using honey and/or molasses, add when you put oats in the water), let sit until mushy.  Add eggs and tuna, stir, cover and let sit for five or so minutes.  Stir once more then serve over or mixed into kibble.

Juneau thought this recipe was the BOMB!  She is normally a very slow eater but today she finished her food a couple minutes faster than normal.  Juneau is also the main reason why I make this stuff.  She needs a LOT more kibble than Sasha and though TOTW is a good kibble, Juneau had begun to lose some weight on it.  It was either up the amount of kibble or add something else in so I began to make this crap and she's back to her normal weight now.  Juneau gets only about a cup or less in her kibble so it doesn't make up any drastic portion of her diet.

Anyways, this recipe is NOT complete, so don't go feeding your dog just this.  There is a lot more that needs to be added and right now I'm just looking for something easy to make that the dogs love.  Once I find that I'll work on getting it balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment