Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Zuke's Mini Bakes: Chicken N' Cherryz

I have been trying to find treats that Conker can eat that he won't react to, and since other products made by  Zuke's have worked in the past I decided to pick up a box of these.

These normally sell for $6.29 at my local pet store.  I haven't found them in big box stores.
Edit:  I have found these for $5.50 at a small feedstore but most other stores have them at the first price, so the price rating is not affected.

Ingredients:  Ground Oats, Rice Bran, Chicken, Cherries, Potatoes, Oat Fiber, Blackstrap Molasses, Oil Blend (sunflower, olive and canola), Natural Vegetable Flavors.

Guaranteed Analysis
Protein not less than 12%
Fat not less than 7%
Fiber not more than 10%
Moisture not more than 30%
Calories Approximately 5 per piece


The ingredients are decent.  There aren't many common allergy grains but there is chicken, something Conker has reacted to in the past.  He also has issues with potatoes but the content is low enough that I figured I'd try them anyways. 
I gave Conker only one at first, then two.  He does fine with up to three treats a day but anymore and he begins to get loose poop.  So for reactive Shibas and dogs this particular flavor combo might not work out.  There are two other flavors of Mini Bakes to try.

Despite this these treats are still quite good. The ingredients are better than many treats, there are a lot of treats per box and they can easily be broken in half.  For similar kinds of treats these are a good price.  You get one pound per box.

1 comment:

  1. I like Zukes treats only had the little zuke salmon treats. Need to get some other kinds once my two bags are gone.

    ReplyDelete