Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Today's Meat Mix

I really would like a meat grinder.  While Conker has learned how to chew his food a bit he is still a dumbass and tries to swallow giant hunks of things.  Plus I've decided that unless he shows otherwise, I just don't want to risk him choking on a piece of meat or whatever.

Tonight I made up 10 days with of food.  I magically pulled out just about that much meat from the freezer.  I am normally over or under by quite a bit but I was only off by 1/4th of a meal which is easily fixed.  Anyways, what I made is this:

This is half of the meat mixture, the rest is in tupperwares.  It consists of roughly:

Turkey, 12 ounces
Pork, 10 ounces
Lamb, 6 ounces
Beef trim, 4 ounces
Chicken hearts, 8 ounces
Canned salmon and mackerel, 8 ounces
Liver and kidney, 7-8 ounces
Eggs, 2
Turkey bone, 8 ounces

Not "perfect" but it works.  Juneau enjoyed the bits of canned fish I gave her and since Conker loves sardines I don't think he'll object to the salmon and mackerel.
So, can you see why I'd like a meat grinder?  Chopping all that meat into non-choking sized pieces takes a while, plus none of the bone is actually chopped.  It still needs to be crunched.

Here is Conker's food packaged into 2 day portions. I did have a lot of leftover canned fish but I expected that and stuck the rest in the freezer.  Sasha really wanted it though.  I kept the "water" from the cans and will pour a bit over the dog's food tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment