Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

River Day!

Me, Mom and her friend Jill went down to the Rouge River today.  We brought the dogs... all five dogs.

Here we have Conker, Sasha and Juneau in the foreground and Lucky and Star in the background.  All the dogs got along great, with the exception of one minor scuffle between Juneau and Star.

I didn't bring any balls for Juneau so she had to settle for sticks.  Which was fine with her since she can chew on those.

Except when Sasha steals them.

Conker didn't do much, other than try to intercept the stick before Juneau got to it.  He was usually beaten to that by Sasha.

When not playing fetch Conker was the only dog out of the five who reliably listened to what I said.  Juneau was better than Sasha who were better than Lucky who was better than Star.  Figures, the Shiba is the best behaved of the bunch.

Ah, now I remember why I don't use sticks to fetch with anymore.  Sasha doesn't bring them back, just takes them.

Eventually Juneau'd had enough of Sasha's stupid and got after her. 


We were there for at least five hours.  Mom and Jill had a bottle of wine... three bottles of wine, and I broke my soda rule and had a Diet Coke.  It was really fun, especially when the Hellgate tour boats came down the river and sent huge waves crashing down on everybody.  The dogs all ran for cover when they noticed but sometimes they were caught off guard. The boat driver dudes were fun too, since they would come in real close then swerve quickly and make the waves even bigger than if they'd just stayed in the middle of the river.

Well, that's it for now.  I'm off to grill up some shark steaks for Younger-taller brother and I.

1 comment:

  1. I love that last splash picture. Looks like fun times!

    ReplyDelete