Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Zuke's Very Berryz

Right as I say I'm trying to add variety to Conker's treats I go and buy these.

I kinda cheated and bought these at a mis-marked price of $6.29 instead of the normal $8.29.  The checkout lady didn't care and let me pay $2 less for them.
I've been wanting to try these since they are all fruity-like and Conker only eats certain type of fruits and prefers them whole and raw instead of pureed or cooked.

Ingredients:  Organic Ground Oats, Organic Ground Barley*, Blueberries, Cranberries, Potatoes, Oat Fiber, Organic Blackstrap Molasses, Oil Blend (sunflower, olive and canola), Beets, Raspberries, Cherries, Blackberries, Natural Vegetable Flavors.

Guaranteed Analysis – Very Berryz
Protein not less than 10%
Fat not less than 11%
Fiber not more than 10%
Moisture not more than 10%
Calories Approximately 9 per piece

The ingredients are okay.  First two are grains, but Conker hasn't reacted to them so they are fine in my book.  Potatoes are fifth followed by another grain product, some other stuff and finally the last three berries.  I'd prefer the berries be the main ingredients or close up there but oh well.
Relatively the same as the Mini Bakes but with less fat and slightly less fiber and protein. 

Like the Mini Bakes they are able to be easily broken in half but are somewhat bigger than the MB's.  The Very Berryz are 2 grams, the Mini Bakes 1.
The MB's come in 16 ounce boxes and cost $6.29, the VB's come in 14 ounce boxes and cost $8.29.  So really the MB's are a better deal if your dog doesn't much show a preference for the different treats.  But the VB's are organic, the MB's are not so if you're one of those types you'll like the VB's.

Edit:  I have found these for $5.50 at a small feedstore, but other stores still carry them at the above price so the price rating is not affected.

Conker liked them on the first try. Again, not as good as the lamb treats and he performed a perfect sit but failed to catch about four times before he got it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment