Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Doggie Mush

So we had this hunk of steak (1 pound 8 ounces) that I didn't find sitting in the fridge until today.  Mom said I could have it, as in give it to the dogs, so I decided to come up with a mixture including the slightly old steak  that all three dogs could enjoy.

I didn't want to feed the steak completely raw or as a single meal.  I chopped it into small pieces and par-boiled it, not completely but not fully raw anymore.  This steak wasn't gone, I would have eaten it, but it made Mom feel better about giving to the pups if I cooked it somewhat first.
So I did that then made up a small pot of oats (so far Conker approved), mixed them together then thought:  "What else can I add?"  So I cracked a couple eggs into it, emptied a can of sardines in, added a bit if finely chopped raw liver an heart and mixed it up all real good.
It looks like this.

Yumm...   I'd made way more than I'd first thought but oh well, I've got three dogs who like odd crap like this.
I gave each of them a spoonful (Juneau got considerably more than Sasha or Conker) and it was an instant hit!  Sasha, like usual, was done first with Conker in second and Juneau third, taking her time cleaning her bowl then Sasha and even Conker's bowls of any mushy residue.

This isn't meant to be fed as an entire meal since It's not really complete.  I did put a small bit of ground eggshell in there but not enough for it to really count, plus it is missing a couple other vitamins and stuff.  Anyways, it's going to be used as a snack and kibble topper mainly for Juneau since I don't want to give too much to Conker who is a solid but borderline chubby Shiba or Sasha who is still fat. 

I had a lot of fun making this and plan on making several more snacks/kibble toppers and even complete meals for the dogs in the near-future.

3 comments:

  1. um, yum?

    sardines and eggs make up the majority of our "toppers" too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, heh, it's got a particular smell to it that none of the siblings like. Little Sister's friend came over and was all "Ooh, what's this?" And opened it up. Instant regret on her part! I guess she doesn't like the smell of sardines, beef and oatmeal all at once.

    I gave a bit to Conker today on top of his normal food and he ate it first and is now whining for more. Brat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy. Saya and Bella loves caned sardines, and mackerel. =)

    ReplyDelete