When I first began feeding Conker raw food he had frequent bouts of unpredictable poop. This was sometimes remedied by feeding bone-heavy meals but other times I could not get his digestive system to sort itself out. I decided to give a probiotic a try before outright quitting and I am glad I did.
I picked out a probiotic made by Ark Naturals called Gentle Digest since my local petshop had samples that seemed to help Conker out.
Active Ingredients: Bacillus Coagulans (Lactobacillius Sporogenes) and Chicory.
Inactive Ingredients: Dicalcium phosphate, gelatin, magnesium searate and rice flour.
The bottle had 60 capsules that are quite small and very easily hidden in a small chunk of meat, ground meat or a chicken heart. If anything it can be pulled open and sprinkled over the food.
The results were instant. The day Conker had diarrhea I would hold off on his next meal for a couple hours then give him a capsule with the food. The next day's poop would be better or normal than the day before. It really helped him transition to raw and any new foods after that.
My bottle has long since ran out and I switched to a human-grade probiotic. Unfortunately it is nowhere near as good at the Gentle Digest is for Conker. Now I only ever give him probiotics when he gets a new food, has loose poop or eats something he shouldn't have and explodes in the backyard.
Overall Gentle Digest is a good product from my experience. The ingredients are good, the results are quick and it works very well for Conker. It's not the cheapest at around $13 a bottle but if I find it again I'll most likely pick it up.
No comments:
Post a Comment