Conker is turning into a picky eater. He doesn't play favorites, and his item of rejection changes daily. Yesterday it was the chicken neck. Today it was the rice. In the past he's refused liver, turkey neck, chicken meat and a random assortment of other items.
I don't have patience for that. If the dog isn't going to eat it, they are either going to have it shoved down their throat or they aren't going to eat anything for the rest of that day and the next. Today Conker got real pissed at me when I was pointing to the rice in his bowl so he got it force-fed to him.
Yeah, that's kinda mean, and I can be a Nazi at times when it comes to this, but like I said, I have no patience for that sort of thing coming from a healthy dog. I don't do the put it down now, eat a bit, put in the fridge and give later shit. You eat when you're fed or you don't eat at all. Peroid.
Yesterday he ate his rice fine, he really wanted it while I was making it today but now? No rice, I don't want that.
I think it would be neat if I could find a way to dehydrate everything, chop it up superfine then scoop it into the bowl, add water, wait then give to the stupid dog. That way he wouldn't be able to differentiate one item from the other and would have no choice but to friggin eat it or go hungry.
Why the attitude about this? Conker's meals are going to be consisting of very few items during the hike. Oats, sardines, eggs (yes, eggs will be fine without refrigeration) and treats. If he refuses any one of those he'll go hungry and not have enough energy. Plus I'll have this food that I won't want to eat due to yucky ingredients that will stink up my camp and attract critters. Like bears. Can't have that.
Saya can be picky sometimes especially if she gets one item every day.
ReplyDeleteI've been fasting her once a week and also fasting when she eats a big meal if she eats enough for two days she doesn't get a meal and next day a small meal.
Saya gets small meals like 3oz or just a egg or just a couple sardines, some days and sometimes she eats normal amounts like 5 or 6oz..
I never pill food for Saya is just freaks her out, but coarse every dog is different.
Saya is bit more sensitive about things like that.
I've been giving her cranimals supplement morning very berry and vibe in pm well she doesn't like very berry so I mix it in either plain greek yogurt, egg, or caned fish.
Recently she didn't want it probably due to being full from getting lots dog treats at a dog walk event so I just put it in the fridge and offered to her the next day so she ate it up.
Maybe he's just going through a phase I dunno. Saya used to hate kidney till I offered it in small pieces frozen now she likes it normal size and thawed too.
Saya has had rice before, but she didn't like it too bland for her taste.
I'd love to go camping one day or hiking I'd probably just feed her a big meal like whole quail or big meal like turkey drumstick and her organs and then next few days she just gets caned sardines or salmon.
Saya must have slower metabolic system because during fast days she never acts extremely hungry even when I fasted her for two days straight she was fine.
Good luck with your hike.
Saya drinks not very much compared to Bella my parent's kibble dog we walked for a hour or two and she didn't want water till we got home after she ran around in the house.